Two Game Mode Ideas

Discussion in 'New gamemodes' started by Malcolm Black, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Malcolm Black

Malcolm Black Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Tell me what y'all think:

Similar to Terrorist Town, one player is chosen as The Juggernaut, but it is not like your traditional Juggernaut: it's one mega zombie with loads of health, movespeed, and other abilities. The player is chosen at random and the other zombies are then made into humans for the round. Essentially, Saxton Hale mode, but with a zombie. Two possibilities for survival: play as normal, and Engineers are able to "revive" their teammates on death, similar to the mechanics of Medic reviving teammates in MvM, or with each Engineer death, the boss gets weaker. So by the time we reach a few Engies, they can have a potential chance to 1v1/2/3 the Jug.

Another mode would be similar to the Terrorist (lel) round, but instead, one Engineer is secretly infected, and no one has an indication on who it is. The infectee can choose to melee anyone they want at any time, and the moment he does that, he's turns into a BLU Engineer to present that they are targetable; they have the regular amount of health (125 or 150 with Gunslinger), and they can continue infecting people with melee. It does sound OP, but they will turn green and it requires sharp awareness to surroundings. It'd be a fun way to shake things up.

#1 Malcolm Black, Jul 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  2. Lilly Satou

Lilly Satou Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

This sounds nice.

3. Roasty++

Roasty++ New Member

Love the ideas for both, especially the second one. I feel like there should be a way to stop the infected Engineer, since the only way to avoid them is to run away, which could be a problem for people in nests.

And while I'm here, how about a mode called "Realistic Experience" (name in progress) where all-talk and chat is off. I just love the idea of an Engineer saying something on the mic and get cut off mid-sentence when they get killed. Also, you will truly feel like a lone survivor if you were the last Engineer. No one to talk to, and you have no idea when the Zombies could group up and attack.

Malcolm Black likes this.
  4. Dr. Wong Donger

Dr. Wong Donger New Member

This isn't worth it for an entire new gamemode, but I'll keep listening.

So you want to disable chat and voice chat, yet you state you love an Engineer saying something on the mic and get cut off mid-sentence when they get killed...

So which one do you like?

Except most people feel like a lone survivor anyway in normal ZS.

You could do the exact same thing in normal ZS with the exception of voice and team chat to the enemy. Most medics run around like disorientated morons so it's unlikely one would tell you they were going to attack.

The change is so small it's not worth making a whole new game mode on.

5. Roasty++

Roasty++ New Member

I should have clarified something. Didn't really phrase it right.

When I meant new game mode, I meant a new bonus round idea, like low gravity and melee battle. It would just be a few console commands (I think), no way a change that small would be its own game mode.

When I meant all-talk and chat was disabled, what I meant was only the Engineers could only communicate with the Engineers and Medics could only hear Medics. So basically like regular TF2. And by chat disabled, I meant you could only use team-chat. So there is no way to communicate with deceased Engineers, since they would have been a Medic by now (that is what I meant when I would love it when an Engineer got cut-off mid sentence). So let me rephrase that part.

"Only team-talk and team-chat are enabled, so unless you use external methods of communcation (Steam Chat, Discord etc.), there is no way to talk to the enemy team". You though that I want to disable voice-chat and chat altogether. I could just put my volume to 0% and it be no different.

Yeah, I know sometimes this bonus round would be useless if no one is talking, but if the server is packing 32 players with multiple players talking, there could be potential. Beside, some bonus round changes are pretty small as well, like Curious Feeling and Early Outbreak.

Sorry for the poor wording. I was pretty tired and English wasn't my best subject in High School:p

#5 Roasty++, Jul 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  6. Roasty++

Roasty++ New Member

Also while I'm here, how about a bonus round where the HUD is disabled? From the health bar and ammo to the kill feed. It would make the Engineers more cautious for being aggressive and try to group up together more, as you won't know when if an Engineer was killed or not (if they are split from the group).

I don't know, just throwing what comes into mind.

#6 Roasty++, Jul 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  7. Jack5

Jack5 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't think that is even possible. cl_drawhud is the only command that manipulates this, and it's locked behind sv_cheats, which we have no intention of turning on.

8. Roasty++

Roasty++ New Member

Alright. I guess sv_cheats isn't worth it turning on if it was just enabled for one round (let alone any round).