Rescue Ranger balance changes

Discussion in '[TF2] Zombie Survival' started by Moonie, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Moonie

Moonie New Member

RS players have expressed their concerns for the relative weakness of the Rescue Ranger over other weapons.
    This thread is for posting suggestions in order to change/improve the weapon's stats.

2. Moonie

Moonie New Member

My pitch:
    10% extra damage
    Reasoning:
    Rescue Ranger fires projectiles instead of hit scan. Oftentimes at close range you can't kill medics in three hits. This small damage buff would help remedy that.

Skaldas likes this.
  3. Skaldas

Skaldas Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I approve of buffing the Rescue Ranger in this method. Do you believe the buff, as mentioned earlier on discord of 5-10% reload speed would be too much?

4. Jack5

Jack5 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I do not think a reload speed increase is justified considering the Rescue Ranger already has the same ammunition and clip size as the Shotgun. A damage increase would be best, however we should figure out exactly by how much. The Shotgun deals 9-90 damage at point blank, whereas the Rescue Ranger currently deals 60. Sticking to multiples of 5, this is what we end up with:
    • 5% damage increase -> 63
    • 10% damage increase -> 66
    • 15% damage increase -> 69
    • 20% damage increase -> 72
    • 25% damage increase -> 75
    Tell me what you think of these values, and which one would be most appropriate for the situation.