Remove kartbattle and return Sujin

Discussion in 'Zombie Survival' started by CharlotteKitsune, Jan 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CharlotteKitsune

CharlotteKitsune New Member

In my experience everybody liked Sujin yet almost nobody likes Kartbattle and for good reason. Maybe move kartbattle to a different gametype but it has no place in zombies.

-Dr-Freeman- and spicerino like this.
  2. spicerino

spicerino New Member

Yeah I'm not entirely sure what the problem was koth_suijin was, and I kinda miss it.

Kartbattle definitely needs an overhaul. In my experience it's possible to solo win against an entire team of zombies simply by liberal use of the ramps. Not to mention that it's also hardly fun to play as a medic, as you just kinda have to slowly widdle down the enemy health, one melee attack at a time.

I for one like this proposal.

3. Roasty++

Roasty++ New Member

Not quite sure if this is the reason, but I think I remember Jack5 saying the problem with koth_suijin was how it encourages engineers to hide in spots alone (the trees) rather than building a giant colony, which does not fit the meta of Rushy's Zombie Survival.

Jack5 and Matthew Greer like this.
  4. CharlotteKitsune

The kartbattle map ignores the meta entirely

5. Matthew Greer

Matthew Greer Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Sujin - medic wins 83% of the time because engineers don't want to actually build bases. Rounds are quick unless an engineer somehow finds a new spot in current year.

BattleKart - 50-50 chance for red and blue. Engineers and medic all know what to do. Numerous close calls. Medics who work together to block ramps, block health packs, and crouch before getting bumped usually win. Getting trimps is also super satisfying as an engineer.

Jack5 likes this.
  6. CharlotteKitsune

The problem is none of the long term players seem to enjoy kartbattle, myself included but it ends up getting voted in by new players and we have to hope a rtv gets us a new map.

7. Peri✪

Peri✪ Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Jack tends to create maps that have linear pathways and clear goals, this is also true for his optimized maps, there's a clear divide for who enjoys zs_turbine because of the design of the map. I don't think i myself have enough power to bring suijin back, but if kartbattle were to get an upgrade that let's say.. Makes each round unique with a special trait, fast zombies, low gravity zombies etc.. it would be more enjoyable.

8. CharlotteKitsune

agreed, but as is if you are stuck starting as a zombie the round is six minutes of boring chases heavily stacked in the engineers favor. And as for suijin I care more that people always had fun there than that medics won more often. It was fun for medics and engineers.

9. Jack5

Jack5 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

...by your standards. In actuality, Kart Battle cannot be seen as 'ignorant' of the meta, for it is entirely exempt from the meta.
    That is incorrect. Many long-term players have indeed grown to love the map, and you are simply playing with people that do not enjoy it.
    Roasty++ and Matthew Greer have perfectly explained why Suijin will never return. As for being stuck as a zombie, this is due to a lack of overall skill of Medics not used to teamwork, and can usually be fixed by pointing players to the video below.

10. leisureman

leisureman New Member

I do enjoy katebattle map even as a medic. However, I do see engies able to swivel left or right to avoid hits. I have yet to find the command for it.

11. Jack5

Jack5 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Swiveling is not a command. It is done through extremely precise use of the WASD keys, the spacebar and even the right-click boost. You will learn the advanced techniques over time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.