[Pending - On Hold] Moderator Application: Spaartan

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by Spaartan, May 21, 2018.

1. Spaartan

Spaartan New Member

Servers: California #1 and Australia #1

Average hours spent on our servers per week: around 6-8 hours

Country and State: Philippines (I get a surprisingly good connection though)

Languages: English and Filipino

Age: 13 (Although I am advanced in academics and I’m already in grade 10 (Safe to say that I’m also mentally advanced than the other ‘kids’ in the server))

Steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198204250868/

Rushy Servers Stats link: http://stats.rushyservers.com/playerinfo/108923

Understanding:

For me, zombie survival is about using quick thinking and misdirection to get to hiding spots and survive, while also having the choice to fight alongside friends, using each map’s pros and cons to always have an advantage.

Of course, I find it kinda dumb when people go outside of the base hellbent on getting points, perhaps greedy for it, maybe just trying to get back what they lost the previous round. I try to tell them to stop and usually they listen to my way of asking them. I do have fun in bases, but then what happens when we just keep on winning? It gets boring! So what I do is I go to my hard-to-get and hiding spots. Those spots give the thrill and the feeling of risk just like it was back when the gamemode was simplified like in Muselk’s original version.

When I’m a medic, I would first get the loners who decide to stay on their own, they are usually easy to pick off. I would then go for the hiders although I’d acknowledge their spot if it was good and how they can improve either before or after I kill them. Once I feel there are enough people on our team I equip the Amputator to support the pushes that occur.

During your time as medic, you notice a lot more things or at least I do. I notice all the footsteps of the engineers hiding, the background noises, most of which give me an edge over those who hide. This sharp hearing I get helps me, but I also get annoyed by the younger kids with high pitched voices even more. This brings me to the topic of mic spam, I am strongly against the wrong use of it and I am usually the one who brings up the vote menu first. Of course, I give them a chance to stop, like 2 or 3 times. If they do not listen to me, then they will be muted. Other than that, I am mostly content with what goes on inside the server. From time to time I try to teach the kids how to play the gamemode properly (such as not going afk when you’re zombie). I also comfort them when they feel bad. I make the most out of my time at zombies, studying which spots are good, how to break into them, and where I could go to next.

Moderator Experience: I have been mods in several discord servers before.

Additional Information: For my hobbies, I do: Singing, French Horn, Ice Skating. During the summer I practiced 3 hours in the morning in a choir, but I also practiced my solo singing for an hour in the afternoon. As for friends, I am friends with Bannana and Akara Anime.

2. Vamper

Vamper Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Your Steam game history is private, you must make it public for your application to be considered. Go into your steam profile, click Edit Profile, go into My Privacy Settings which is located under My Profile then switch Game details to Public.

3. Spaartan

Spaartan New Member

4. Jack5

Jack5 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Overall I believe that this is a quality application. Awaiting further approval.

Hackney likes this.
  5. Spaartan

Spaartan New Member

Sorry to ask, but is there any update on this?

6. Jack5

Jack5 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Rushy only responds when an application is approved by him, and it can take any amount of time for that to happen.

Spaartan likes this.
  7. Rushy

Rushy Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks for applying.

As I am not looking for any more Moderators in either of Australia or California for Zombie Survival at this point in time, I will put this as pending.

8. Sodium Acetate

Sodium Acetate New Member

Cool! You play french horn. :)