Engineer Survival Guide For Rushy's ZF

Discussion in '[TF2] Zombie Survival' started by Defibyoulater, Nov 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Defibyoulater

Defibyoulater New Member
    Donator

//////////////////////////////// ENGINEER SURVIVAL GUIDE ///////////////////////////////
    Improve your Rushy survival rating.

Your survival rating comes down to three aspects:
    1 -
    Your arsenal and equipment.
    2 - Your overall skill and knowledge.
    3 - Your team of engineers' compatibility.

Note Worthy Information:
    - You cannot build sentries, as you will quickly come to find out.
    - The last two engineers alive are awarded with mini-crits.
    - Telefragging can become a formidable way of protecting the perimeter.

- Don't make friends. If they die, they will come for you.

Field Equipment And Weapons:[/SIZE]
    [​IMG] With a good six shells, the shotty's damage and knockback is a good for a strengthy defense and keeping medics off of your buildings.
    [​IMG] In far range the pistol just fumbles. As medics approach you with their melee or to attack your buildings, the ramp up 25 damage per shot quickly lowers their health. Landed just right, you could be getting a kill per clip. The large amount of ammo helps too. This weapon becomes incredibly useful when you are one of the last two engineer's alive.
    [​IMG] No upsides for no downsides. Hold firm with this wrench, but hope it never comes down to using it as protection. Fighting medics with advanced melee range gives you very little chance of survival.
    [​IMG] If you want to avoid the dangers of being in groups, staying aloft with this weapon is important. If your aiming skill is high enough, your infinite ammo capability will help you roam.
    [​IMG] As a mobile engie, the health boost from this melee is important. With the extra 25 health, you can take up to 3 hits instead of the two with any other melee. Surviving a 3rd hit might be the difference between life and death for the roaming engineers. If you have a gunslinger and no eureka effect, definitely add the gunslinger.
    [​IMG] If you're the exploring type, and you manage to squeeze yourself into a crack that involves some jumping or managing to fit a teleporter into a higher/harder spot to reach: the unlimited ammo will come in handy for fending off medics trying to reach you.
    [​IMG] When you're all out of options, there's no need to take the cowardly's way out. Blast outta there to a secret exit tele you built or to your spawn. Be ready, normally Glitch engies are last to live, and you have a large festering map of medics to hold off.
    [​IMG] A direct upgrade from stock with a bleed effect.

Weapons you shouldn't use, but you can use if you wanna look like a badass:
    [​IMG] No upgrade, and abuses metal resources.
    [​IMG] Dangerous to load in roaming or stationary.
    [​IMG] Only 3 rounds, no sentry to get the crits from.
    [​IMG] Medics brush off darts like it's nothing.

Survival Skills and Knowledge:
    Map Knowledge:
    Understanding all the maps will come to you with experience. The importance of understanding maps is knowing locations that are good to hold, escape routes when roaming, and knowing which maps to vote for in rotation. As all engineers become experience and gain map knowledge, they will like a hive mind, go to places together to fortify, increasing everyone's survival rating.

I will hopefully post the map listings so you have an idea of the maps.

Skills:

In large groups, you may feel relaxed. Or if you're roaming, you'll think that there isn't enough medics in total to overwhelm you. You can always rely on the numbers, but when it comes down to brass tacks, always rely on your skill. How quickly you can build or how well you can aim comes down to life and death quicker than you can imagine. Practice close quarters as much as you can and understand shotgun and pistol spray tactics.
    [​IMG] This photo shows the distance in which your shotgun pellets spread. Obviously the most amount of damage is in the center, and that yellow dot is usually where more pellets are fired than the green. Always aim just a little bit left of your target.

Team Compatibility:
    I don't wanna sound your manager's manager, but team compatibility with engineers is very important.

Sticking Together
    If you're not a roaming or a glitching engineer, sticking with the bust of engies is usually a safe bet. Even if you had a specific place in mind, if half your engineer team goes somewhere, it's best that you go with them to help fortify their location.

Roaming And Glitch Engineer Code
    As a roaming engineer, between your roams you definitely need to resupply and rest. Engie groups are your safe havens. Show some respect to fortified engies by adding your dispenser to their perimeter, and kill and medics around that perimeter.

Good luck out there and survive ...

Richie_Thundercuck and Rushy like this.
  2. Richie_Thundercuck

Richie_Thundercuck New Member

Sweet guide, but just my two cents, I personally think the the eureka effect should be in the list of weapons not to use, and switched with the short circuit.
    The eureka effect is almost always used by engies that hide inside a fortified area, and as soon as zombies start attacking dispensers, they teleport out. Not to mention theres usually always zombies camping teleports and spawns, its stupid and a waste of a wrench, and they end up weakening the engie nest, because they could have actually defended and fended off the zombies. Almost all the time i have ever seen the eureka be used its in a defensive nest situation where people bail out, and every engie loses because of that. Its been the downfall of many nests (Not saying there aren't other factors, but it is a major deciding factor). The gunslinger is honestly the way to go, you can tank an extra hit from zombies (Which is HUGE), you dont get a repair penalty which will be the death of the team if you try repairing with a eureka effect, and you can land one hit kill crits on zombies with the gunslinger. There is literally no downsides to it and I honestly can't see why the eureka effect can be even considered. Unless like you said its used for exploring or roaming, but it usually never is, its just used by people who hide up in nests and teleport out only to get killed within seconds of teleporting and ruining the team.
    As for the short circuit, it is extremely useful in moderation, but will destroy the nest with too much. At most two people should be using the short circuit, and should check the dispensers they are near to make sure metal supplies in them are high, if not, they should switch to the shotgun/widowmaker to help defend and save metal for repairing dispensers. Its also useless if more than one medic is amputator taunting the zombies at once, because the damage is effectively cancelled out, and metal is wasted. The primary fire is completely obsolete, and the alternative fire is useful for hordes, or when many zombies enter an area, and there are dispensers around to run around while crouching and avoiding zombies while using the short circuit. Ive actually successfully defended against giant hordes when im the last one alive multiple times, and sometimes led to winning because there was so little time left when my allies died. For me, its a direct upgrade for the pistol, the pistol is obsolete if you have half decent aim with the stock shotgun/widowmaker.

Defibyoulater likes this.
  3. Defibyoulater

Defibyoulater New Member
    Donator

The Eureka Effect:
    My original idea for this post was to have all the weapons in sets, but, I dropped that idea because they didn't compress well, not everyone has access to all weapons, and basically all of them had pistols as secondary. The Eureka Effect was part of a "Glitch," engineer set, and I had this in mind for more experienced engies who dare to roam and use places that are harder to approach by zombies (not impossible to reach though, we don't promote exploits). As to survive longer as a roaming engie, the Eureka Effect is not a bad idea. To help a full nest the Eureka Effect is overall detrimental: eating up metal resources, bad repair, and registering usually a pointless escape. Used by more advanced engineers, the Eureka Effect should be used with care.

The Short Circuit:
    This weapon CAN be useful in moderation, but as you mentioned, a lot of factors uproot its usefulness: amputators, high metal usage, and not as good as widowmaker. 9 times out of 10, the Short Circuit is nullified by the situation.

The Pistol:
    If you have half decent aim the pistol in most situations is a powerful asset alone. It keeps jumping medics abay with its knockback, and at close range it drowns health very quickly. Many opposing medics underestimate it, and what feels like minor nicks of damage end up being detrimental from incoming pistol fire. And on top of all this is its high ammo capacity and quick reload.

Richie_Thundercuck likes this.
  4. Richie_Thundercuck

I agree with how to use the Eureka Effect effectively, problem is, almost every time thats not how its used, if it was used the way it should be, I don't think it would really bug me at all.

Personally the short circuit really comes in handy for me alot, especially when im the last one standing. I just wouldnt want to switch to my pistol for something my shotgun could do, which is why i slowly stopped using it, though it could be nice at certain times.

5. Defibyoulater

Defibyoulater New Member
    Donator

For eureka effect, Rushy's ZF is particularly a new gamemode. Unlike Saxton Hale and other custom modes, people aren't fully aware on what guns are fully useful and which are not. As time goes by, I think we'll see less and less people use the effect (I hope).

Short Circuit is very situational. I feel bad for putting it in don't use, but ...

Richie_Thundercuck likes this.
  6. Richie_Thundercuck

Problem is (and I've noticed this is the case with alot of the eureka effect users) they see youtubers like muselk use it and then just disregard its pros and cons and just run it every round regardless of what theyre doing (usually hiding up in a nest).

as for the short circuit, its just preference so nothing to really feel bad about, i just think even though you need to meet certain circumstances to use it effectively, it has gotten me out of alot of tight jams

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.