Banned by poll

Discussion in 'Complaints/Unban Appeal Forum' started by General Leedle, Mar 6, 2018.

1. General Leedle

General Leedle New Member

Mar 6, 2018
    I just joined on the last round of the map. Someone changed their name to match mine. Screen shot provided
    I asked him to stop impersonating me. screen shot provided
    Then map changed. I play as engie get a few shots off and then demo crab says :"
    DemoCrab©®™ : another hacker guys"
    followed by"
    DemoCrab©®™ : ima ban him once i get his steam id
    Unknown command: !--
    General Leedl‏e(not me) : !votemenu
    aminking connected
    [SM] General Leedl‏e ([U:1:425200672])(fake) started a vote to ban General Leedle ([U:1:178917668].(me)

this happend
    DemoCrab©®™ : shet its on cooldown
    [SM] Vote cast for Yes.
    [SM] Vote cast for Yes.
    [SM] Vote cast for No.
    bobthecoder : we will run out of players
    General Leedle (me): jvdnjm stop impersonating me
    DemoCrab©®™ : ITS A HACKER
    General Leedle(me): wait r u sure thats the one
    bobthecoder : bullshit
    Disconnect: You have been banned by this server, check for more info.
    Disconnect: You have been banned by this server, check for more info.

so yeah
    I would like to be unbanned for I did nothing wrong and I would like some kind of compensation because I was denied the access of playing on rushy servers
  2. Shaz

Shaz Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Oct 3, 2017
    It was a two hour ban, it has already expired.
  3. Jack5

Jack5 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Feb 17, 2017
    Again, namehackers prevail and innocent people are getting punished for it. Is it possible for the server to refuse updating names for players and only keep the name that they had when joining the server, thus containing the (2) in the case of clones?
  4. Rushy

Rushy Administrator
    Staff Member

Oct 1, 2016
    In this particular instance the name stealer put a vote on the person they where copying. In the end my antiname hack system got them.

I don't know if you have seen my changes on trello, I updated votes to include steam ids in the interface as well as a (renamed) in brackets if the person on the list has changed names recently. Votes have never used names to target, the names are purely for that list shown to people in that interface, in the backend it uses steamids and client indexes - which are unchangeable with name changes.

In the past before that change people would of been selecting the wrong person.
    Hackney likes this.