[Accepted] Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by -Dr-Freeman-, Dec 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Dr-Freeman-

-Dr-Freeman- Moderator

Server: Frankfurt Zombie Survival, 1and2

I play between 4 and 8 hours a week

Country and State: Germany, Bavaria

Languages: English, German

Steam link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198087743088
    Rushy Servers Statistics Link: http: // stats. rushyservers.com/playerinfo/141789

Understanding: I like to play on these servers. I want less spam and insults. That's why I want to be a moderator. presenter

Experience: I do not have much experience because I seldom see moderators on the servers. I just saw Jack5 testing a card

2. Jack5

Jack5 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Your experience is insufficient, and you did not present a valid understanding. Please read the moderator application template carefully.

3. -Dr-Freeman-

-Dr-Freeman- Moderator

Server: Zombie survival, Frankfurt 1 and 2 and Europe

I play between 4 and 8 hours a week

Country and State: Germany, Bavaria

Languages: English, German

Steam link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198087743088

Rushy Servers Statistics Link: http://stats.rushyservers.com/playerinfo/141789

Understanding: I my opinion the zombie mod is really well done. And I have been playing this for a while at your server.

First of all, I want to mention something about the server:

This game mode is about “a Zombie apocalypse” where you have to defend yourself as a human (engineer) with smart strategies and a good defense against the zombies (medics). When the human dies, he will be resurrected as a zombie, chasing the remaining humans. The medics often get into hordes to gain more healing points (as more medics get together as faster the healing points regenerate).

While I played the game, I noticed some spots which are not fair for medic players. Some reasons for that are that some of the platforms and ledges cannot be reached by them. Moreover, I think that the allocation between the medics and the engineer players is sometimes not well and fair balanced when there is a small amount of players.

Another problem that I want to help with, is that many players do chat or mic spam. In that case I want to make fair decisions to create a good playing environment for everyone.

Moderator experience: I have never been a moderator at Team Fortress, but I was a moderator at a Minecraft server for five years.

Additional Informations: I was a custom map creator for some other games (like Portal) and I´m also experienced with the unity game creator, I have done an audio/video technic workshop in school.

If you have some more questions, fell free to ask me every time.
    Excuse me I wasn´t good prepared at the first time but I hope you will like my new education.

4. Peri✪

Peri✪ Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

As for your description on unfair spots
    (Edit) Ah, sorry, i was wrong there, All maps are editable via no build zones and barriers, which are allowed since they don't actually edit the map itself, rather adding onto it whenever the map is played. 'unfair spots' really stems from what you count as unfair, the only way i personally see a spot as unfair is when engineers are bundled in a narrow hallway where medics are unable or have severely limited space to dodge fire, which can be especially frustrating when there're only two left, sitting and never releasing their fire button. If a spot is unreachable even with the boost, that's when action is necessary.

#4 Peri✪, Jan 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  5. Jack5

Jack5 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Could you please explain what spots you find "unfair" by your standards.

6. -Dr-Freeman-

-Dr-Freeman- Moderator

In my opinion this spot is unfair.

You can find this spot on the map: Badlands

The engineer can place the teleporter and the dispenser on the airshaft. It´s impossible to kill the engineer, if he stays on top of the dispenser. The place where you can put the teleporter on is red circled.

Feel free to ask questions.
    20180110192837_1.jpg 20180110192814_1.jpg 20180110192822_1.jpg 20180110192834_1.jpg

7. Jack5

Jack5 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Wow, none of us had absolutely any idea such an exploit existed, thanks for reporting this to us. I'll add it to the list of map issues that Rushy needs to patch.

However, this is an exploit, and I want your opinion on what unfair spots exist in the game, which is a completely different matter entirely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.