[Accepted] Moderator App: DoMess

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by DoMessWithProfile, Apr 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoMessWithProfile

DoMessWithProfile Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I want to say that I started playing in 2017 and when I joined the community was friendly and cooperative with each other and that is rare to see. I want to support this community more as these months and years go and hopefully the attitude stays here for a long time.

Servers:

The servers I mostly play on are,
    • [Australia/NZ] Idle/Trade Server #1
    • [Australia] Zombie Survival #1
    Average hours spent on our servers per week:
    • For Idle/Trade: 21-29 avg. hours
    • For Zombie Survival: 19-27 avg. hours
    Country and State: I live in Australia, New South Wales.
    Languages: English

Steam profile:
    If this is for Steam ID then: STEAM_0:1:76185702
    Else not then: https://steamcommunity.com/id/DoMessWithProfile/

Rushy Servers Stats link:
    For Zombie Survival: http://stats.rushyservers.com/playerinfo/324295
    For Idle/Trade Server: http://stats.rushyservers.com/playerinfo/52733

Understanding:
    Here we go, the meaty bit

Let's talk about ZS.
    This game mode requires you to always be paying attention as an engineer (Survivors) or master dodging bullets as a medic (Zombies). Main goal of ZS is for the zombies to try and kill all of the survivors under a time limit. Survivors use dispensers and teleporters to defend themselves as dispensers are used for blocking zombies or used as a barricade. Teleporters are used mostly to slow down zombies going up ramps, steps or telefragging. When a survivor dies, they switch to a zombie and help aid the team to kill more survivors.

Most players when on RED team go defensive by using dispensers and staying inside the area/fort and casually fix dispensers when damaged. They usually shoot from inside the fort and should be with a group of survivors. This is a more smarter approach than this next one. Offensive. When players are going offensive, they leave the fort and try to find zombies near the area/fort or trying to farm kills by running around the map. As this can help for distractions, baits or protection, it is not advised as this makes it easier for zombies to kill.
    BLU team have also two types of zombies, healers and attackers. These both are very useful in their own ways and have their own negatives or cons.

How do I play as an Engineer? I do the defensive path. Using Widowmaker, Gunslinger and Pistol makes it efficient to kill zombies, and I agree that the new Short Circuit Energy Ball is too rewarding or op. I place teleporters on ramps/stairs to slow down the zombies and help the team by fixing up dispensers or shooting zombies that are trying to get over dispensers or destroying them from the side or in-front. Using Gunslinger is a powerful weapon as 3 successful hits leads to a crit-kill + adding more health.

When playing as a Medic, I usually heal zombies in need with the Amputator and try to heal a group of zombies instead of one. I do occasionally use the Bone Saw to help attack the survivors if we already have healers.

I really want to make this community more appreciated and active. I've only seen a few moderators for the Australian Servers and rarely any in Idle/Trade... unless there's some late nighters. I've made this appplication as I will be active during the afternoon's and save the day with dealing with mic-spammers, afk'ers (I know there is already a system in place and only talking about ZS), and hackers, bots, and maybe even chat-spammers. Also, I know my ways around TF2 Sourcemod's Commands and has had a lot of experience when it comes to administration (which is the next bit).

Moderator Experience:

I've had tons of experiences in the TF2 community and a bit from Garry's Mod. That said, these are the servers (in the TF2 range) that I have worked in:
    • Admin - Froth & Transit (FF2)
    • Moderator - Airborne Delta (Jailbreak)
    • Admin - Savita Gaming (Abandoned)
    • Co-Owner - Chillin'Servers (Abandoned)
    I am still a Head Admin for Neptune's Servers, this shouldn't affect much with hours or game time.

Additional Information:
    Friends with JayTee & Banjo-neer | My hobbies are drawing, obviously playing games and music.
    I do have school so don't expect me to be here during school hours (usually 9:00am - 3:00pm).

I wish the Discord Server was more active and same goes with these forums. :c

Thank you for reading my lengthy application, and I wish everyone else good luck with theirs.

- DoMess/DoMessWithProfile

2. DoMessWithProfile

Staff Member Moderator

-sniff- hope I do well

3. Akara Anime

Akara Anime Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

pretty sure if you also applying for the idle/trade servers you also need to include the understanding of that too.

4. Silent Sword

Silent Sword Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Currently Pending Thank you for applying to for the Moderator Spot I will leave this as Pending and we can see to your Application as soon as we can.

5. DoMessWithProfile

Staff Member Moderator

Idle/Trade server has no game play purpose. ZS, Super Smash, Super ZS do how ever.

Idle/Trade servers are basically all class idling for items or trade servers (or even a big chat and hang out fest).

6. Jack5

Jack5 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Seems reputable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.