Zombie Survival - 'Juggernauts'

Discussion in 'News' started by Rushy, Mar 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rushy

Rushy Administrator
    Staff Member

I have been working on a new system, which I have just released* Pending map change*.

2 medics who start out on the zombie team become 'Juggernauts' - they have a 9% - 10% speed increase at all times (They get the normal 14% increase when that boost is active. They don't go over 14% mind you, it is not stacked up).

Players who are in the area of Juggernaughts get a +2 health regeneration per second. When you are in this area in the bottom right hand corner you will see 'In range of juggernaut health regen boost'.

These players have a blue fist icon above their head so they stand out. The idea is that medics will work together.

-Rushy

2. 60pc luck by volume

60pc luck by volume New Member

Complaint: The "In range of health regen boost" message seems to be either invisible or hidden inside my HUD.

3. Rushy

Rushy Administrator
    Staff Member

When I make things I use the default HUD. Give me a screenshot so I can move it accordingly

4. Jack5

Jack5 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

A couple of errors with the system.
    • Icon is not constantly over juggernaut heads. It lags behind a little.
    • Icon can be seen by juggernaut while in first person! The player shouldn't need to see the icon constantly in their view, they already have a HUD element that tells them they are one. Only when in third person and while taunting should this icon appear.
    • Icon can be seen by engineers! This is a major problem and I'm not sure how we can go about fixing it. Is there a way to run the icon script only if the client is in BLU team, else clear the icon from view?
    • HUD is improved but not complete. Please stick STRICTLY with what I say in this post. Do not use any screen corners, extra capital letters or | symbols, stick with the first and third line and all the formatting I've implied. If you need any help, please message me.
    • How to make standing by a Juggernaut mandatory: Medics that are not juggernauts cannot heal above 120, the heal script simply will calculate what number it needs to add to avoid going over 120. If they are healed by an Amputator or med-pack (health over 120), their health will begin to drop RAPIDLY until it is below 120, then the hurting will stop and healing will resume. 120 is a placeholder number. Experiment between 100-130.

5. Rushy

Rushy Administrator
    Staff Member

I was going to make it in a loop of 0.1-0.2 seconds in another iteration. atm it is in an existing 1 second loop (Did this for code optimization) - I do these things for a reason

Impossible for me to make it visible to only zombies as it is an object. It is tied to the specific client

Do you have that image of your hud so I can save it?

I outlined the last part in the other thread:

6. Jack5

Jack5 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Insted of limiting a normal Medic's max health, maybe limit their normal regen? So they can still reach 150 health but much slower if hurt, unless around a juggernaut. Remember the juggernaut radius is really big, since juggernauts are easy targets if their icons are always visible, they have to hide/stay safe.
    • I am not in a position to take another screenshot but I can say this: when you had the red text that said Countdown on the top line and Zombie Boost on the bottom line, that bottom line was in the way of my "Respawn in ## seconds", so that's why I'm saying make a third line.
    • Ok, well if the icon is visible to anyone, juggernauts should be more buffed. I'd say give them the same regen boost they give other zombies.
    • If icons are always visible, give admins the OPTION of turning theirs on, with !iconon and !iconoff. Also, make the spec commands !speca and !specb instead. Remember only one admin icon is displayed at a time, the gear if in Spec-A, and the camera if in Spec-B.

7. Yellow Sage

Yellow Sage Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm against putting medic's HP below the point where they can take up to 3 gunslinger hits (i.e. 130).

From firsthand experience, the roaming engineers are roaming even harder now, because you can basically tell where the medics are going since they surround the juggernauts. You can see the juggernauts straight through walls so basically it's a death sentence if you're a juggernaut right now, not a blessing. You can't stealth, ever. Remove the icon.

Perhaps, in the hud, write the juggernaut's names e.g. Juggernauts: Jack5, Rushy
    OR, you need some other kind of way to distinguish who the other juggies are. I've discussed this with jack, perhaps we can try increasing the player model size somehow e.g. giving the juggernauts much bigger heads.
    Or, just write the names of the juggernauts in the chat at the start of the round if the above is not possible.

Jack5 likes this.
  8. Jack5

Jack5 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• 130 is a good resting HP instead of 120.
    • I agree with Sage on disabling the icon and instead increasing the size of both a juggernaut's body and head by 10% roughly.
    • Do not edit the HUD or chat with the names of Juggernauts, this will only lead to confusion.
    • Only use zs_headicon_camera and ignore every other texture I made. Instead, admins can give their hats unusual effects, like in the trade servers.
    I'll add all these to the 2nd of March suggestions.

#8 Jack5, Mar 6, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  9. Rushy

Rushy Administrator
    Staff Member

I'll do a quick re write now. I will be taking down the icon, and tinting the Jugger's green and also giving them the health regen boost at all times. I hope to ultimately attach a custom skin to them.

But I am no skin maker, so if you find or make a custom medic skin for this. Let me know

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.