Widowmaker/Wrench balance suggestions

Discussion in 'Zombie Survival' started by Gamer_X, Jul 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamer_X

Gamer_X New Member

The current "10% faster swing speed" on wrench is about as much of an upside as "10% slower swing speed" is a downside. 10% swing speed changes on melee just do not affect how the melee is used whatsoever. I propose a much more major change to Wrench: 25% damage increase(81 damage instead of 65). That way choosing between Wrench/Gunslinger would be choosing between "dying in 2 hits, but killing in 2 hits" or "dying in 3 hits, but killing in 3 hits". Engineers who are good at melee can use wrench for extra damage and engineers who are not as good with melee or are just more passive can use gunslinger for survivability.
    As for Widowmaker, i feel like "While active: cannot gain ammo from dispensers" stat from Beggars Bazooka would bring it much more inline with the Shotgun. Currently Widowmaker can just shoot indefinitely while next to a wall of dispensers, which just makes it a shotgun that doesn't need reloading.

2. Dr. Wong Donger

This is the mathematically and technically the same thing.

How is the gunslinger meant for passive players? The extra-health and guaranteed crit on third hit enables the engineer to take risks. Engineers should be using the gunslinger in 99% of situations anyway.

The widowmaker in ZS is a pretty much a direct upgrade from stock while next to a dispenser. Making the widowmaker unable to gain metal from dispensers would make it garbage.

What are you referring to?

All your "suggestions" are either redundant or make no sense.

Another craptastic garbage shitpost.

#2 Dr. Wong Donger, Jul 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  3. Jack5

Jack5 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Our focus with all of the melee weapons is not to make them viable as attack weapons, but as utilities. The Wrench's perk is that it is the new Jag. By that I mean the faster swing speed makes building a whole lot faster.

Additionally, since the Widowmaker is the meta, it will not be changed at all.

4. Gamer_X

Gamer_X New Member

10% hit speed increase on wrench only saves about 1 second when going from lvl 1 to lvl 3, which is not worth losing 25 health at all.
    Also how would widowmaker not getting metal from dispensers while active make widowmaker shit? You still can switch to melee or secondary for 2 seconds and get your metal back up. It would not nerf engineers who can actually aim, but it would nerf engineers who sit behind a dispenser holding left click between dispenser and a doorway getting free kills with no thinking or skill involved.
    As for "meta", it only exists because widowmaker is a straight upgrade 95% of the time. Slightly nerfing widowmaker would make meta more flexible.

5. Roasty++

Roasty++ New Member

I don't really care about the nerf, but it is a bad idea regardless because there is going to be major backlash in the community if this were to be nerfed.

"just get used to it lol" - Most of the people who play on the server are teens and kids, I don't think most of them will accept the change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.