Votemenu Abuse by 3 players

Discussion in 'Complaints/Reporting/Unban Appeal Forum' started by Mr BOmbastic, Feb 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr BOmbastic

Mr BOmbastic New Member

Hello,I just wanted to say I like playing on Rushy Idle Trade server but. it started while I was in a duel with a guy called Arc Heavy battle so we started dueling my friend came and went as a vaccinator Medic so did the other medic on blue then I noticed about 2 people came to help Arc in the duel Samuel and Xbox Samuel was soldier and Xbox went as a sniper. So after trying to fight but losing with 4 people attacking you I decided to do !friendly to avoid getting killed by him IN a duel but apparently they said it was against the rules after arguing with them and such they tried to vote ban me 3 times 2 failed one succeeded. Honestly I checked there was nothing in the rule about avoiding fighting in the duel but they still vote banned me for it.

The Players involved were Arc Xbox and Mayo these were the ones that tried to vote ban me.
    Hot 'n Tasty stew was the medic who didn't try to voteban me and Worker of secrets (4) my friend who went as a vac medic

Rules for refrence

Punishment Categories
    Punishment Categories listed within a group will always increment per offence unless otherwise specified. If a category has been omitted between two other categories, then it is skipped as more punishments are delivered.
    1. Warning given to player
    2. Player is slayed
    3. Player is kicked
    4. Player is banned for a day
    5. Player is banned for a week
    6. Player's ban is later upgraded to permanent and unrepealable
    No bigotry, harassment, racism or vote abuse
    Applies to all gamemodes
    This is a broad rule that covers four fundamental signs of aggrovation:
    • Bigotry: The purposeful disregardance of a player's opinions without providing a reasonable alternative within the context of the server.
    • Harassement: Unfounded or persistent degradation of a player's abilities or any other attribute they may or may not possess.
    • Racism: Intentionally racist remarks against a player or players on a server.
    • Vote abuse: Falsely accusing people of breaking server rules with the !votemenu
      function.
    All four of these, when committed within one session, will result in Punishment Category 1, 3 and 4 maximum. If a person becomes infamous for committing bigotry, harassement, racism or vote abuse repeatedly past bans, and evidence of both at least two bans and the person's continued activity is discovered by a Moderator, Category 6 will take place.
    Group members can use !votemenu to give aggrovated players Category 3 or 4.

No melee-boosting or use of boost spots
    Relevant gamemodes: Zombie Survival
    Melee-boosting refers to Engineers in Zombie Survival reaching otherwise unreachable "boost spots" due to Medics hitting them to give them upward momentum. The Engineer will always receive Punishment Category 2 and 4 maximum, and though this punishment can extend to the Medic, it may not always depending on whether the melee-boost was intentional or not.
    Group members can use !votemenu to give an unreachable Engineer Category 3 or 4.

No hacking or exploiting
    Applies to all gamemodes
    If suspicions of hacking are confirmed true by a Moderator, the hacker will be administered Punishment Category 5. Repeated hacking past two bans may result in Category 6.
    Exploiting, on the other hand, will simply be met with Category 2 and 4 maximum.
    Group members can use !votemenu to give an exploiter Category 3 or 4.

No troll escape-teleporters
    Relevant gamemodes: Zombie Survival
    Any teleporters found to "accidentally" lead Engineers far away from the entrance teleporter, and cause them to die while trying to get back to their original spot will be destroyed, and Punishment Categories 1, 3 and 4 maximum will apply.
    Group members can use !votemenu to give trolls Category 3 or 4.

No unwanted chat/microphone spam
    Applies to all gamemodes
    Chat and microphone spam is independent from the Punishment Categories, relying on gags and mutes. If the spam is unwanted by a majority of players on the server, then an hour-long or day-long maximum gag/mute will be applied. No further punishments will be administered.
    Group members can use !votemenu to administer hour-long gags/mutes.

No explicit sprays of any kind
    Applies to all gamemodes
    By simply joining a server, a player's spray may be reviewed at any time even if they haven't placed it. A spray is explicit if it contains visible nudity, gore or racist imagery (see "No bigotry, harassement, racism or vote abuse"). Any sprays that are found to be explicit will result in the individual being spraybanned permanently, and this sprayban will be unrepealable.

Respect Moderators and their decisions
    Applies to all gamemodes
    Purposefully disrespecting Moderators is the most serious offence out of the entire list. Committing this act repeatedly and avidly will result in infamy, and once this infamy is acquired and fact-checked, Punishment Category 6 will be administered.

2. Rushy

Rushy Administrator
    Staff Member

Did they initiate the vote for the reason of you using friendly while in the dual?

To be fair you should of aborted the duel out of courtesy, I will make some changes to force a duel to end if a player in a dual activates friendly.

Hackney likes this.
  3. Mr BOmbastic

Mr BOmbastic New Member

I would has attracted unwanted attention if I did do !abort but understood otherwise.

4. Jack5

Jack5 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

While we're on this topic, Rushy, could you please resolve this so there's no discrepancy in our server rules?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.