sentry bustin scout (or any class) (bug)

Discussion in 'Idle Server' started by billyshakes420, Oct 24, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billyshakes420

billyshakes420 New Member

while in spawn u can !buster, then change class, then your as normal for that class but if u taunt , u explode just like a sentry buster. very annoying at times. { server ip 103.231.91.32:27015 }

#1 billyshakes420, Oct 24, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  2. Rushy

Rushy Administrator
    Staff Member

The only thing I can do apart from removing it entirely, is to make it only deal 1 hp of damage to another user.

Would that suffice?

3. billyshakes420

ill ask around, a couple off people last night defenitly missed the sentry buster , i think.. can u have a vote to disable the sentry busters for 5 mins , or some similar idea, that could solve it, the fast demo prob too.
    for the ppl who frequent ur server, its nice to no the tricks. its sorta a reward for bein a local on ur servers. ...
    .. or a cool down on the command like rtd,

4. Rushy

Rushy Administrator
    Staff Member

I added it back, with some tweaks (Can further tweak the values). Impossible to have a vote to disable it for a certain amount of time

5. billyshakes420

again im not the spokes person for the server, i try tell ppl to come to the forums and have their say , i said rushy himself will reply. :)....
    anyway, ive used the senry bustrer today. so i guess just wait and see now . the glitches are... in a way, a feature for some ppl :)

if it was all perfect . id be boared

#5 billyshakes420, Oct 25, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  6. Rushy

Rushy Administrator
    Staff Member

Alright, and yes it would be better to have more users have some input (That is why I have this forum after all).

What you could say to entice them is the item I am currently giving away (As advertised on the steam group):

'Current giveaway item: Cologne 2016 Cobblestone Souvenir Package (Worth $29.86 on steam market)

Once the forums reach 209 members the giveaway will start'

Might stiky it on the main thread of the website

7. billyshakes420

weve opened up 2 issues with the !buster command, that can easily be abused. however ive not seen anyone figure it out yet.
    so in this situation, should i post the issue? or wait for it to be an issue? i want to be helpfull. not creating work for u rushy :).

8. Rushy

Rushy Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah post it

9. billyshakes420

just type !buster then type !buster agen (anyware out of spawn), and u get a demo with 2500 hp. it can be repeated infinate times for unlimited life. ive bound sm_buster to "B" and with a double tap from any class i can turn into a demo with 2500 hp ,, and another double tap puts it back at 2500hp. i can also build level three as enineer then double tap my bind and im a demo with 2500 hp and a level 3 and a dispencer, :p . the other glitch is a sentry buster can pick up demos melee for a similar effect

i use the console , so others dont pick up so fast,, also , its fun for fightin bosses ;)

#9 billyshakes420, Oct 26, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  10. Rushy

Rushy Administrator
    Staff Member

Done, let me know how it goes

11. billyshakes420

im sure it changed while i was on just now, :p

Rushy likes this.
  12. Rushy

Rushy Administrator
    Staff Member

I may need to remove it all together, I have been trying to figure out some crashes for the past few days. And I believe it is the buster plugin.

It is very random, but I like having a stable server. If I get the same crash again, I will be forced to remove it all-together to see if it stops it.

In its place I may be able to allow people to equip the model instead

13. Rushy

Rushy Administrator
    Staff Member

I have re-done how explosions work in the code itself. This may, or may not stop the crashes

14. billyshakes420

ok , maybe ,the duel has been cauing issues, (ive seen) i havent had a good crack at it yet but from what i can gather, aborting duals causes invisibilty and no damage to players but damage to building. invisible glithed player cant take damage either (god duel) ?? . i think this is achieved by aborting duels or dueler leaving??. ill try get more info for ya.

now this caught my intrest becacuse ive managed to glitch invisible with out the damge factors being affected, i have not masterd it, hence ive not post it, now what ive been trying is.. enter tp, equip portal, then rtd frozen, then while frozen it renders ur view model invis and spawns a frozen body,, while the rtd effect is active i try all kinds of things in helmenu and pets to try confuse the view model from redrawing, ,, ive doe it once , by accident, and every subsequent attempd has failed,. note it wont be this causeing the crashes as ive not attempte in tha last couple of days as ive been watching the duel invisable glitch,, also a certain player is allways trying to voteban another player . it sometimes is to the point of spam.. .. now im not complaining here , its just maybe its confusing for the server, i dont do any kind of coding now days , so this is the best i can help u

#14 billyshakes420, Oct 28, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  15. billyshakes420

if it has to go, it goes, it wouldnt drive ppl away, buster is cool but so are all the other commands.

#15 billyshakes420, Oct 28, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  16. billyshakes420

also , this ? this def happens, could it confuse anything

• sm_betherobot_wearables (1/0, def. 1) Show wearables on robots? Many wearables don't merge with the robot model properly, and thus create long lines going to the map's origin.

17. Rushy

Rushy Administrator
    Staff Member

Alright I will turn if off

18. billyshakes420

its remeberd this from a day or 2 ago, so im not expecting a responce

"[Duel] You must wait your last duel answer before create a new one."

19. Rushy

Rushy Administrator
    Staff Member

It means exactly that. If you request a duel and try to submit another one. You must wait for the first request to either be accepted or to timeout and decline

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.