Replace ctf_2fort_invasion with ctf_2fort_revamp_b3?

Discussion in 'Zombie Survival' started by Pybro, Jun 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pybro

Pybro New Member

I've noticed that 2fort_invasion can be a very plain and boring map, engineers either going in one spot or doing something different and dying. I believe it will be overall better to replace 2fort_invasion with ctf_2fort_revamp_b3. My reasons why are:
    1. It makes spots like this:
    20180617114508_1.jpg
    and this
    20180617114839_1.jpg (don't have the dispensers this way)
    more viable.
    2. It makes spots like this:
    20180617114930_1.jpg less viable. Also note that the grate spot has a bigger grate, which may or may not affect that spot.
    3. It has lots of little hidey holes and escape routes that you can use for whatever reason.
    4. I think it would improve the map more with its improvements that the creator implemented to fix the vanilla 2fort.

Changing it to this map does not fix many of the problems and flaws that 2fort_invasion has, but if your willing to take the time, i believe it would improve the experience on this map. Of course, i understand that it is probably not worth the time and effort just for some minor improvements, but i might as well suggest it.

#1 Pybro, Jun 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    Gamer_X and Sodium Acetate like this.
  2. DoMessWithProfile

DoMessWithProfile Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I would love to try this map out.

Sodium Acetate likes this.
  3. Sodium Acetate

Sodium Acetate New Member

4. Lilly Satou

Lilly Satou Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think i've played on this map before and i really liked the map design and how balanced it was. I do hope this becomes part of the Rotation.

Akara Anime, Pybro and Sodium Acetate like this.
  5. Sodium Acetate

I do not like ctf_2fort_invasion for a number of reasons:
    1. It is overrated and nominated way too much.
    2. It has become stale for me and I do not understand why people like it. (Played it SO MANY TIMES)
    3. Spots are limited in the confined map and many engies like to hold out for as long as they can and escape; causing that one engie to win.
    4. Building in either sewers causes more easy wins for engies (in my experience).

6. Lilly Satou

Lilly Satou Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

1. I agree with that statement, 2fort invasion is actually the second most played map in the servers.

2. It's not that stale for me but i can understand why it has become stale for you.

3. I don't agree about how spots are limited, there are actually a good amount of spots out there it's just that the Engineers choose to only use one spot and not the others. Also, from my experience that one engineer who is left alive usually gets killed and not win.

4. Engineers building in sewers causes easy wins if the Medics have no organisation.

7. Sodium Acetate

Thanks Maddox for your feedback on my opinion.

8. Dr. Wong Donger

While I do agree there is a few good spots, I think that as engineers generally flog to usual spots because unless you can fully communicate and persuade with your team to move (which is unlikely), there is no good place to hide by yourself, essentially forcing you to go with the rest of the team.

9. Jack5

Jack5 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

We are currently investigating the map in question.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.