rectal citrus moderator application app

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by rectalcitrus, Dec 2, 2018.

1. rectalcitrus

rectalcitrus New Member

Server: Medics V. Engineers

Country & State: M̶o̶s̶c̶o̶w̶,̶ ̶R̶u̶s̶s̶i̶a̶ California, United States

Steam Community Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198071893533/

Rushy Servers Statistics: http://stats.rushyservers.com/playerinfo/328826

Average Hours: Seven days a week, mixed hours. I'm on quite frequently. Rough estimate would be seven to 12 hours a week.

Languages: English, Goblin.

I'd like to be a moderator on any rushy server although Medics V. Engineer servers would be ideal, and I have these following ideas to contribute to the rushy community.

The first is a gulag box added to every Jack5™ brand map. It is a known error that the user base of Rushy Servers have frequently pointed out flaws in Jack5™ brand maps. This defaming of our glorious party leader must not happen. The added gulag will ensure a compliant and loyal community while subsequently punishing heretics. Prisoners will begin forced dispenser building and be enrolled in re-education programs. This lower subdivision will be added below all maps and will be completely cut off from the rest of society.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The next measure of defense I'd like to instill would be the public distribution of ammunition. Engineers can no longer collect metal individually. All ammo is evenly distributed among all engineers and shared. Those caught hoarding scrap from their fellow comrades will be immediately sent to the gulag.

There also many complaints about the unbalance of classes. To address the issues of arguing about unfair class advantage and the potential of our community becoming divided, criticisms and complaints will be regarded as heresy, punishable by gulag.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

To ensure our player base is loyal, a reward system will be set in place. The most loyal engineers will be given access to higher grade military arms, such as custom scripted weapons, bear cavalry, and Jack5™ cosmetics. Outstanding players will be appointed to RGB, Rushy Security Committee agents, and help our proud server base weed out heretics. Those who oppose this system will be regarded as heretics, a criminal offense that is resolved through gulag.

It is also recommended to change the beer bottles in the rancho relaxo taunt to vodka for good measure.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Understanding the Game Mode: I understand medic v. engineer very well. I'm ranked in the top 300, and other players have regarded me as a force to be reckoned with. When I join, a good majority of the engineers typically follow me and allow me to lead them.

A bare description would simply be, two teams compete in a survival rooted game mode. Medics are constricted to melee weapons but have higher physical stats. Engineers have lower physical base stats but have access to a wide range of ranged weapons, and also have better utility functions such as buildings to obstruct the path of medics.

Both teams rely on a very overlooked game factor. Coordination. It doesn't matter how good you are. If you can't coordinate an assault, you are at a dramatic disadvantage. It's surprisingly easy to win when the team listens, simply because a group of people utilizing a variety of skill sets is much harder to defeat than a disorganized group focused on individual survival. W̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶y̶ ̶g̶u̶l̶a̶g̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶i̶m̶p̶l̶e̶m̶e̶n̶t̶e̶d̶.̶

Game physics is another heavily overlooked aspect. When playing medic, it is typical to create an immortal engineer just by having a medic meat shield. This is because the medic models are hitting each other and not the engineer. This is both a blessing and a curse. If Valve changed this, Medic v Engineer would face a devasting problem in the sense that dispensers could be destroyed much, much quicker.

All in all, I know my stuff.

Prior Moderator Experience: While not explicitly in TF2, I have handled many game servers, and I currently run a discord with 100+ members. I know how to moderate pretty well. Simple things such as not letting temper get in the way of making an administrative choice is quintessential. I focus on trying to be a cold deliverer of administration. Emotions don't influence my rationale.

My Personal Opinion: Rushy Servers demonstrates in many ways everything a business absolutely should.

A.) Emphasize with its player base. Moderators are not arrogant power hoarders and take a genuine amount of care into the welfare of players.

B.) Handle issues efficiently. From what I've seen, moderators also don't let emotions affect their decisions, handle things conveniently, and stick to guidelines.

C.) Donations do not directly influence gameplay. This tremendously helps Rushy Servers and creates a system where the only way to succeed is through practice. Not stealing mom's credit card.

The only issue I'd have is with a lack of experimentation or financial prowess. I feel like Rushy could benefit from having an alternate experimental server to try out changes in Medic v Engineer and get user feedback on it. While the game is quite fun, there is always room for expansion. Rushy could easily dominate the TF2 community server market, and already has made great strides.

Moderator Friends: Akara (said I was a decent dude), BananaBusBoat (Knows me for making meta spots hell), and possibly Jack5. (love-hate relationship. uwu )

Player base knows me pretty well.

Additional Information: I want to focus on utilizing the strong community Rushy Servers has, and consider business opportunities. You can do a lot with a loyal subscriber base, and I think Rushy Servers might be overlooking a very powerful asset.

#1 rectalcitrus, Dec 2, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  2. Akara Anime

Akara Anime Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Rectal, your Moderator application cannot be accepted until your game history is unprivated. If you don't know how to unprivate your game history go to My Profile, Edit Profile, My Privacy Settings and set it to public.

3. Akara Anime

Akara Anime Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I accept the quality of this application, i urge Rectal to be an Moderator.

rectalcitrus likes this.
  4. Jacob Ahmann

Jacob Ahmann Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I can confirm that citrus knows his shit with meta spots, and how to make them the 9th ring of hell

oh and also that he would make a good moderator

rectalcitrus likes this.
  5. Lilly Satou

Lilly Satou Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I approve the content of this moderator application. It is Rushy however who has the final say.