Randomly banned?

Discussion in 'Complaints/Reporting/Unban Appeal Forum' started by Turtleboy2001, Aug 18, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turtleboy2001

Turtleboy2001 New Member

Hey everyone,

I was playing on one of the idle servers, and was permabanned for aimbotting, the problem being I wasn't aimbotting.
    I don't have any proof of not hacking, as I wasn't expecting a ban, but bear with me:
    I dont know who gave me the ban.
    There was no warning for the ban.
    I have over a thousand hours in this game when you add both my accounts.
    I main sniper (class I was playing as).
    I would never risk getting a vac ban, as I play TF2 on a daily basis.

I would like for my ban to be lifted, as I did nothing wrong.

Regards, Turtleboy2001.

2. Turtleboy2001

Turtleboy2001 New Member

Update:

The admin that banned me was lucas1911. I tried adding him on steam but I think he just blocked me. he also gave me a -rep, not cool.

3. lucas1911

lucas1911 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Hey turtle2001, yesterday I received a tip off that you might be hacking by someone else on the server so I hopped on spectator, I spectated you for a good 4 minutes and saw you flicking to the head and you killing a fully cloaked in an obscure part of the map, I knew for sure that you were hacking at that moment and promptly banned you.

4. Turtleboy2001

Turtleboy2001 New Member

Lucas,

The only spy I remember headshotting was fully uncloaked it wasn't a flickshot. to be a good sniper you have to be good at flickshots. is there any way I can change your mind? Again, I would never hack in TF2 (or any game), as I would be risking a vac ban on a game I grew up playing. please reconsider.

5. lucas1911

lucas1911 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I have the proof I need to know for sure that you were hacking, I have been playing this game for a very long time and I know that you were 100% hacking, many people were on the server at the time said you might be hacking I joined spectator and saw the signs of a hacker, I would not ban someone without knowing for Certain that they are hacking. Also I saw you kill a cloaked spy your only saying that because you know that 100% exposed you.

6. Turtleboy2001

Turtleboy2001 New Member

Hi lucas.

I would like to see your "proof".

I can send you a video of me playing on some casual servers if you want to see my playstyle.

I am 100% sure that I was not hacking. You have over 1700 hours on this game, so I would expect you of all people to know the difference between a nerd with no life and a hacker. just saying.

7. Dr. Wong Donger

Lucas, unless you have evidence, it's your word vs his word.

8. Dr. Wong Donger

Give us your profile link, unprivated and unprivated game data. This will tell us then.

9. Dr. Wong Donger

Cheats can be turned off. We're not stupid.

10. Turtleboy2001

Turtleboy2001 New Member

11. SweetCookie500

SweetCookie500 New Member

If I may Turtleboy, normal aimbotting is not the only form of aimbot that exists, in fact trigger bots and silent aimbots can play into this case.
    A silent aimbot prevents obvious suspicion for hacking. It doesn't flick the screen, but does allow you to move the mouse visually to where the target is.
    Here's where I got that info from: https://www.unknowncheats.me/forum/forum-general/224472-silent-aimbot.html

A trigger bot fires a shot automatically for the player ONLY when a shot can be made. I got that info from Max Box's spot the hacker series. Along with wall hacks, this could essentially be pretty difficult to deal with.

Your word of mouth cannot be confirmed as truth since anyone can both:
    a) create a new account
    b) reset their stats willy nilly
    c) turn off cheats

Your 'video gameplay' also cannot be confirmed as truth either. There are many cases where competitive players to even players who made it to the Top Ten Plays of the Year in TF2 who were cheating. A lot of the time, casual players cheat in casual games, and since spectate isn't easily accessible in casual servers, many are able to get away with it.

12. Turtleboy2001

Turtleboy2001 New Member

Hey sweetcookie500.

I know some hacks can be well hidden, as I've played a fair bit of both this game and csgo, and have seen my fair share of hackers. I have enough hours in the game to know that if you're gonna hack your eventually gonna get banned, so why even risk it?

What info do you need for me to prove that I wasn't hacking? I would be happy to provide you with anything, since I havn't seen any of Lucas's "proof" yet.

I meant I could provide a video so you could see Im a decent sniper, not some pleb that just relies on hacks for his shots. Even if I did hack, I think I'd get bored after a couple hours, as theres no challenge. would I even bother argueing againt you and lucas? As Id just be banned again next time an "experienced" mod such decided to spectate me.

If I was a hacker, I could put way less effort into just creating a new account and joining the same server and aimbotting.

If I was so good at hiding it, would I be going around shooting invis spies, easilly giving myself away?

Again, Im happy to provide any info you need, as I have nothing to hide.

13. SweetCookie500

I spent over 50 hours (may be wrong) dedicated to Sniper, so I think I can imagine what kind of video that would be.
    Still though, your word alone isn't proof enough, and hacks can be turned off. I might also want to mention again that stats can be reset.

As it currently stands either side may be true or false. I will not point a finger unless substantial proof can be brought forward. My post above was not a means of pointing the finger, but serves as a warning in case you were lying. Again, as it stands either one of you could be lying since no form of evidence can be brought forward to either side.

At this point, you might have to deal with the ban. Until this can be cleared up, I don't think that ban can be revoked.

14. Turtleboy2001

Turtleboy2001 New Member

I just don't a ban on my record, especially If its a permaban.

Doesn't the old saying go something like innocent until proven guilty?

15. SweetCookie500

Yeah, the saying goes something like that.

16. Dr. Wong Donger

I do not think you are cheating. I have checked your account, name history, items and do not believe you are cheating. While there is still a possibility that you are cheating, I think the ban should be lifted.

Also Lucas I think you ought to reconsider your actions; leaving -rep comments on little base and banning someone with no evidence but your word? Tsk tsk.

While your maximum points in one life as sniper is a bit strange, I don't see any other signs of him cheating.

17. Dr. Wong Donger

Sorry, but none of that is evidence. It's just your word which is as useless as anyone else. Your... """"evidence""""... also does not eliminate the possibility of error on your behalf.

The only way you can know for certain is if VAC detects cheats, not you spectating him.

You simply have no scientific proof that he was cheating.

18. BananaWillRule

BananaWillRule Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Wong Donger, Sweet and Turtle. At moderator has made an educated guess. Even though the saying is "innocent until proven guilty" that is in the court of law for putting someone away from freedom, this is a game so the same rules do not apply, but let's just say it is the same rules, the decision is by a jury and the jury needs to have a belief beyond reasonable doubt. Therefor Lucas believed it beyond a reasonable doubt. I suggest you to not demand proof as it is not getting you anywhere

19. Dr. Wong Donger

While I understand why me and sweet are not allowed, turtleboy has a right to see proof that he was cheating. And if you're going to say "nO yOu dOn'T. mOd's WoRd iS lAw", that's pretty lame, honestly.

Look, I agree with you and lucas that he is likely cheating, but I don't see any good evidence that he is. Lucas has also said of 'witnesses' (to be fair, he just said other people on the server saw him too, but still); perhaps we could hear from them? Chat logs also maybe?

20. SweetCookie500

I really just want to stay neutral in this, and any decision made by Mods is a decision I don't plan on fighting against. I said some info to serve as a warning if he were cheating. Again, I don't wish to go against the decision of the Mod nor engage in a fight with one. The decision has been made and that won't change, so I'm not going to fight about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.