[PENDING - on hold - Idle] The VHS GUY's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by The VHS Guy, Jul 12, 2018.

1. The VHS Guy

The VHS Guy New Member

Servers: I am looking to join the Rushy idle/trade server moderators.

Average hours spent on our servers per week: 10-15 hours a week.

Country and State: South Australia, Australia.

Languages: English

Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198173762977

Rushy Servers Stats link: http://stats.rushyservers.com/playerinfo/443542

Understanding: The Rushy Achievement idle server is where players come to earn achievements by killing idle players and duelling. It’s also a good server to just chill on. I usually like to be friendly on the server and just chill and enjoy the company of the other players

I really like the server because you get to meet some really interesting people on there, and they’re always quite fun to play with.

I sometimes act as the servers DJ and play music for the players through the voice chat when either the players ask for it or the mod allows is or both. I mainly like to 80s music, but I do take the other player requests into account.

In my own opinion I have a kind personality. I’d bring sort of a wholesomeness to a server more or less full of tryhards and I will be inviting to newer players to come. I am a neutral player and with that being said I can resolve matters by taking both sides and dealing with it properly, but I have no shame going to the other mods if I can’t deal with whatever the situation may be

Moderator experience: I currently have no moderator experience but I do know a lot about what goes into being a moderator and I have moderator friends that can help me when I need it

Additional Information: I love photography, playing the piano, listening to music and gaming

Extra-curriculum activities: I don’t really have any other activities besides watching videos on YouTube.

Moderator friends: Yellow Sage and BananaWillRule

#1 The VHS Guy, Jul 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  2. DoMessWithProfile

DoMessWithProfile Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Plagarism detected. Plagarised LucasM1911's application.

Detail: Moderator Experience, Servers, Paragraphing.

3. The VHS Guy

The VHS Guy New Member

i did not Plagarise anything

4. Yellow Sage

Yellow Sage Active Member

To clarify, the paragraph that is similar to LucasM1911's application is the one about the freedom of movement and the existing moderators.

You should modify your application to distinguish yourself from him. If you say the same things, then you would be suspected of plagiarism, even if you didn't copy it directly. You need to tell us why we should consider you as a moderator over everyone else

This would be a good opportunity to present yourself as humble and able to put in the work to correct your mistakes -- see it this way, if you can come up with something else to say then that means you didn't need to rely on someone else's application to get ideas, so you'll be considered as normal

#4 Yellow Sage, Jul 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  5. Shaz

Shaz Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It seems the format of this application is nearly identical to LucasM1911's, however, this alone does not constitute plagiarism and was probably done in an attempt to standardize the application to prevent any confusion or misunderstandings.

The section referring to freedom of movement does seem to stem from the same thought process as LucasM1911's, it may be a "parroted paraphrase" which is technically not plagiarism. This may be entirely coincidental as freedom of movement is a feature enjoyed by many players on idle servers.

The "Moderator experience" section may also be a parroted paraphrase. It is not uncommon to include a portion stating that one is acquainted with our staff, if the moderators mentioned can validate this statement I feel it can be dismissed as there is no simple way to prevent that from appearing as parroted.

I feel this application was not intended to be an act of plagiarism, nevertheless, it needs some modifications to truly make it personal and stand out from the rest.

Also we need to validate that you have 500+ hours in TF2. This is done by making your game information public on your Steam profile.

#5 Shaz, Jul 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018