[PENDING - on hold - Idle] GameLogic's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by GameLogic, Jul 22, 2018.

1. GameLogic

GameLogic New Member

Servers: Idle/trade AU/NZ #1, looking to be a mod there
    Average hours spent on our servers per week: <2-3 hours a weekday on average, making 14-21>

Country and State: <Canterbury, New Zealand>
    Languages: <Finnish, English>

Steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/quickhandsman/
    Rushy Servers Stats link: http://stats.rushyservers.com/playerinfo/306293

Understanding: The server where i want to be moderator, Rushy idle/trade server is mainly for farming items by idling, farming kills for strange items by killing idle players. It's a great server for farming achievements that are not easy to obtain in normal gamemodes, which is one of the main purposes of the server. Trading is also welcome, but I never really see it happening.

I often see people (other than idles/strange farmers/achievement farmers) joining the server just to chill, to have a chat with other players, or join to battle other players. I usually join the server to fight other players, or just to have a chat with people i know.

The server has many special commands, including a command that transforms you into a sentry buster, a command to spawn different bosses, a command for being friendly, which makes you immune to all kinds of damage (also makes you unable to deal damage to others), and a command to roll a random effects, for example, noclip, godmode. The server has also grapple hooks enabled, giving an endless mobility to everyone, which gives the game a lot more speed and makes it more interesting.

I do often see people breaking rules by hacking/other ways (hacking is the most common way) when there is no moderators online. If I were mod, this would happen a lot less. Sometimes i feel like the current mods need a helping hand. I would (very likely) be online when other mods wouldn't be. I believe that I would be a good person to solve problems in the server, such as resolving disagreements between people.

Moderator Experience: No past Moderator/Admin experience, apart from a small discord servers (10-20 people)

Additional Information: I have been playing sports casually for the last 6 years, including Football, Basketball, Ice Hockey and Floorball. I do play a lot of video games these days, so i could classify this as a hobby. I'm currently learning Russian language online, and later in school.

My moderator friends are BananaWillRule and DoMess (I dont really talk with him but hes on my steam friends list so I guess it counts)

-----------------------------------------------------------EDIT-----------------------------------------------------------------
    When I first started playing at the rushy idle server, I used to be this a little toxic (also a tryharding) guy. I liked playing vs other players, and maybe piss them off a little bit. People there found me quite annoying, and didn't really like me. After few months of mindless tryharding and toxicity, I started to realize some things. I realized that maybe i don't want to be hated by everyone, because i quite enjoyed playing in the server. So I started acting less toxic ways, making a few friends, slowly changing my image to players there. I did convince quite a few people that i wasn't the same toxic and annoying guy, but an actual ok-person, at least better than what they thought. I kinda persuaded people that I'm actually more than just a trash-talking tryhard. These days, I'm friends with most people in the server, or at least get along with everyone there. I found out that the same way i changed peoples perspectives on myself, I could use that skill as an moderator to deal with people. Instead of me being a moderator that just holds strictly to the rules, I believe that instead of demanding, i could persuade people for better. I know i used to be the "bad apple" of the Rushy community (at least in the idle server#1), but i have changed my views. I have met great people in the server, and i have started to like this community more and more, and i want to help it as a moderator.

#1 GameLogic, Jul 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    Scrubalicious likes this.
  2. DoMessWithProfile

DoMessWithProfile Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Approved, notes:

- Remember that i needs to be capital unless: it, is, igloo, ice, import; are examples for not needed capital i's.
    - I count :3

3. GameLogic

GameLogic New Member

Ok, the punctuation should be alright now!

4. Pybro

Pybro New Member

I'm not a moderator, but i would like to state that i think you would make a great mod.

5. BananaWillRule

BananaWillRule New Member

I love the edit that you posted. Honesty is a massive thing for a Moderator to have. I approve

6. DoMessWithProfile

DoMessWithProfile Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That edit really shows the history of what he as now become. I'm impressed. :D