New server hoster?

Discussion in 'Zombie Survival' started by JayTee, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JayTee

JayTee New Member

I assume Rushy servers run off paid server hosters, or possibly just by Rushy's PC / Spare PC

The servers are pretty laggy and sometimes unbearable to play on. I barely get below 50 ping, normally around 60-70. then rising to 100-200 randomly

Yet on other community servers + casual (valve servers) my ping is fine. Sometimes I get better ping on European servers.

I've seen the server have massive lag spikes where everyone randomly gets 200+ ping.

It's just weird cause it's not me, I'm the only thing using my internet and its just confusing how It's kinda a laggy mess playing on the server, making me play less on it then I would be.

Maybe if Rushy is hosting it from his own PC, maybe move to a professional server hoster? If he already has one maybe exploring other ones or exploring options to cut down ping? (I know there are some tricks, as I've hosted a few servers myself and there are some weird ways to make connection better)

Anyway thanks! @Rushy hope you read this.

2. JayTee

JayTee New Member

Ping
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1400685361

I'm not sure exactly where the server is located in Aus, I'm in Sydney though so it is a bit odd, on Australian servers or NZ or Singaporean servers I get lower ping, not sure whats up with ZS. It even said 38 ping in the server browser, but when I join... yeah.

Odd. Hope we/I get to the bottom of this.

3. JayTee

JayTee New Member

Also what's up with the "___ is suspected of using a speedhack" that comes up like every 30 seconds for someone. Maybe that's got to do with the servers connection too

4. Rushy

Rushy Administrator
    Staff Member

I moved to another provider about a month ago to protect from the DDos Attacks. Each provider has different mitigation systems in place. I will send you a private message to verify a few things as it would be from your specific ISP or if you are connecting from the old IP address.

The speed hack thing is specific to us. It is merely a warning system, but ever since a recent TF2 update it made SMAC detect false positives, you can safely ignore it.

JayTee likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.