Need to ban player: Jeimutsu (STEAM_0:0:49148004)

Discussion in 'Idle Server' started by Sagan, Nov 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sagan

Sagan New Member

Player Name: Jeimutsu
    STEAM ID: STEAM_0:0:49148004
    Idle Server: 103.231.91.32

This kid runs havoc on your banning system and needs an extended ban himself for a while (a week or two maybe) to teach him a lesson.

He bullies kids and constantly initiates bans on players for superfluous reasons. Unfortunately because people have a tendency to "vote yes" to whatever pops up, these votebans can often be successful. I know it's not permanent, but it's enough to drive people off your server. Kids can mute him if he's bullying them, but can't escape the endless votebans. Eventually one gets through.

Reasons I've seen him initiate bans on people:
    • Dominated by a player (or repeatedly killed by any player, really)
    • Back stabbed by a player while sniping
    • Killing him while he was "busy spawn camping"
    • Killing him after he asked people not to (despite him killing people anyway)
    • Talking on mic after he told them to "shut up" (just general chat, nothing annoying to anyone else)
    • Not answering his questions on mic
    • Telling him they're muting him while being bullied/trolled by him
    • Defending anyone that he's targeted for a trolling/bullying session (exclusively children because no adults put up with his shit anyway)
    I see that he's been mentioned in this thread: https://rushyservers.com/threads/my-friend-needs-some-help.20/

Jeimutsu is anything but a "normal player". I can guarantee that the situation being described there is that the player Sticky-Trap has likely been trolled/bullied/banned by Jeimutsu in the past and is retaliating any time he sees him online.

Give this kid a ban, give him a reason for the ban and maybe he'll change his tone.

2. Rushy

Rushy Administrator
    Staff Member

I am rewriting the voteban system, give me a couple of hours:

1. Votebans will have a 13 minute cool down for people once used (Was at 5 minutes), also having a higher percentage
    2. Voteban will only be available to steam group members (Stops a lot of randoms using it)
    3. I will also have the ability to cancel individual people to use the command (revoke access)

Will comment below with further status on this

3. Rushy

Rushy Administrator
    Staff Member

I have redone the system. Points 1 and 2 are a success (Verified with a lot of testing)

Even if a vote is unsuccessful the person would need to wait the full 13 minutes before calling a vote again + upped the percentage to 70% (Was 48%)

Point #3 I am still working on

4. Sagan

Sagan New Member

Sounds good mate. Hopefully that settles things a bit.

5. Rushy

Rushy Administrator
    Staff Member

I made a break though tonight with it. I had to revamp the whole system and it does all 3 points I described above.

I am going to make it live tomorrow, when I am well rested to not cause any errors. I will comment when the revamped system is in place

6. Rushy

Rushy Administrator
    Staff Member

The new system is in place, that user has no access to votemute or ban.

Just so you know, instead of !votemute and !voteban. You now need to use !votemenu to access these

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.