I join zombie server instantly cannot do anything and says unconnected in chat Help please!

Discussion in 'Zombie Survival' started by Robonerd15, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Robonerd15

Robonerd15 New Member

I love zombie servers but somewhat recently whenever I join any rushy server I get frozen either as soon as I join or as I spawn and If I say anything in Chat my name appears as unconnected, calling medic works but it still says unconnected and no matter how long I stay on the server I cannot play (Even stayed for change in maps problem still occurs).
    Am I banned because I have done nothing wrong? My friends can still play but I cannot please help!
    Steam username Robo-Nerd15
    Please I just want to play the servers If it is just my computer then still let me know I want to at least know why I cannot play on the servers and have fun with my friends!

#1 Robonerd15, Sep 19, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  2. SweetCookie500

SweetCookie500 New Member

I'm no moderator, but I'll give you my input on this.

It doesn't really look like you've been banned, I even searched for your name in the source bans but nothing has come up. I do recommend waiting for a proper moderator response since they have better knowledge of this than I do. Otherwise it may have been a problem with your computer at the time, or even connection and/or ping problems from the server (depending on the server you join, the ping may affect your session in the game).

Again, it would be wise to wait for a proper moderator response, but I hope I helped in some way

3. Rushy

Rushy Administrator
    Staff Member

SweetCookie is correct that you are not banned under 'Robonerd15', though please link to your Steam page. As a Steam username does not relate to in-game nicknames - You are currently not using Robonerd15 as a nickname and it does not show up on the stats page, meaning it has never been used.

I have no system that changes a players name to 'unconnected'. Upon doing a quick Google search it is a known issue when a Steam account is not verified upon joining.

SweetCookie500 likes this.
  4. Robonerd15

Robonerd15 New Member

5. Rushy

Rushy Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks. That SteamId is definitely not banned - if it was you would be kicked with a message stating to look at the sourcebans.rushyservers.com website.

Does it occur on Vanilla TF2 servers run by Valve or other communities?
    My only suggestions are to make sure your Steam client is connected to Valve's network, try repairing the Steam client, disabling any client side modification for testing, and to also verify TF2 files.

6. Robonerd15

Robonerd15 New Member

Managed to fix it by updating steam client I can now play best gamemode

Rushy likes this.