Give Zombies crits in Melee Battle!

Discussion in 'Zombie Survival' started by Balloon Smuggler, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Balloon Smuggler

Balloon Smuggler New Member

In my last Bonus Round of Melee Battle, we were on Egypt. There was a guy complaining that it was boring on voice chat, 3 people were spawncamping, and the rest were just taunting.

Melee Battle isn't really fun for Zombies, and for me, not as Engies as well. Engies are usually spawncamping, taunting, and building bases at last, while Zombies are hiding in spawn and taunting and... yeah just pretty much hiding in spawn and taunting. I usually get so bored as Engie that I just kill myself in order to start a revolt. I know that it's entirely possible to win as Zombies and I saw it several times, that dispensers nullify crits, and there's the satisfaction of grouping together and killing a Engie, but... it's just not fun. I'm supposed to be looking towards it as a Bonus Round, but I just hope for Low Grav instead.

Basically, just give Zombies crits in Melee Battle. The Zombies are guaranteed to win almost every time, no doubt about that, but hell its a Bonus Round, just do it for kicks. Nothing like seeing a bunch of Engies and Medics running at eachother and there's only one Engie remaining at the end of it, not seeing one Engie running at the entire Zombie team and remaining with one hit on him.

2. Yellow Sage

Yellow Sage Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The bonus round has to be possible to win for both sides, so no. Zombies would be overpowered (given that they can respawn infinitely).

Besides, bonus rounds don't really count for anything, so feel free to mess about. If people are idling about in bonuses, then it's a design flaw of bonus rounds in general.

Making the zombie side more fun to play as is an issue of map balance. Maps with limited number of entrances in a limited area would make this bonus round less fun; Egypt being one of them. Since the melee bonus round isn't common, fixing this round in particular probably won't be high priority, but we can consider what to do about it.

Jack5 likes this.
  3. Balloon Smuggler

Balloon Smuggler New Member

Alright, cool, thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.