Australian Zombie Survival - What happened?

Discussion in 'Zombie Survival' started by Dr. Wong Donger, Jul 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Wong Donger

Okay this isn't really a suggestion nor issue, but what happened to the Australia Zombie Survival? Whenever I go on,the servers are always empty. Before there was always people playing and now they seem to have disappeared.

Now I know I could just go to the US servers but then I have unplayable lag. Where is everyone?

2. Pybro

Pybro New Member

I guess some of the regular players left and it lost popularity, so since there's usually not many players/no players on, people that do want to go on their see there is no players and go to the US servers instead.

3. DoMessWithProfile

DoMessWithProfile Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Sydney server people have shifted over to California now for some reason. All US and EU servers are becoming filled.

4. Lilly Satou

Lilly Satou Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I too have noticed this, For some reason majority of the people who regularly play in the Australian Servers have migrated to the US and European Servers.

5. Banjo-neer

Banjo-neer Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It’s a common phenomenon I like to call the “Group System”

Put it simply, most people prefer to have a lot of people to play with as it’s more enjoyable, at the same time those people tend to stay away from servers that have less people on (Think of it as LFG on World of Warcraft, it takes a while before people start joining your group quickly since you don’t have a lot of people)

Most people don’t like to start from the ground up and will usually join the most populated server rather than attempting to fill a server. A server with 20+ players on will always fill faster than a server with around 8.

The California server is the most popular server right now and sometimes is full, so some players will go on nearby servers such as New York which is also quite popular. During that time the Australia Server is usually empty and I’m assuming most players don’t want to fill an empty server when they can join one that’s populated

And thus the Group System cycle continues

I didn’t use where most of the players live, this is just a theory to clear some things up

6. Lilly Satou

Lilly Satou Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It appears that Australian Zombie Survival has populated once again. It is actually full at the time of this writing.

7. DoMessWithProfile

DoMessWithProfile Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yes I have done a invite announcement, and started a new weekly event to make the AUS server revived.

8. Jack5

Jack5 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

You do not need to worry about servers lacking people. The player count shifts between Australia #1 and California #1 most commonly, though sometimes it can be seen on New York City or Europe/UK. Always look for the server with more players.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.