Aimbotting

Discussion in 'Zombie Survival' started by NightTrotter, Jan 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NightTrotter

NightTrotter Member

How to tell the difference between a really really good player and a player who's using aimbotting? For a little while, we all thought feroaffer was using aimbot, but it turns out they're just a really really good player. However, after playing with someone called 'Sexy babe' I feel like this 'Sexy babe' is using aimbotting. There's nothing I can pull from their steam profile, as they don't have one. So I'm not exactly sure whether or not they're aimbotting or not. I highly suspect they are, but I don't know how to prove it. I tried having them use their pistol, and they only shot 1 bullet at a time with the pistol, leaving me unable to tell if each bullet hit. Opinion please?

2. Membrer

Membrer New Member

Well, aside from gameplay, a few telltale signs of a hacker are; a private / fairly new profile (suggesting an alt) and a lack of hats / items (also suggesting an alt). If the account is an alt, it's most likely a hacker, not to say that all alts are hackers, some are just smurfs.You'll rarely find people hacking on their main account in fear of a ban and losing all their stuff.

Although the biggest sign of a hacker is easily gameplay, if they know you are trying to spectate them to tell if they are hacking or not, they'll just toggle the hack off for a while or turn off aimbot and use triggerbot (look up the difference if you need to). If you want to find if someone's hacking or not from gameplay you'll need to spec them without them knowing, which usually involves sitting in spectator for a loooong time.

3. Yellow Sage

Yellow Sage Active Member

So how I eventually figured out Feroaffer wasn't aimbotting wasn't his profile (when he showed off his plat highlander medals), but the fact that when he engaged a medic close-up he didn't kill them off with constant meat shots. Had he been a hacker, he'd have killed off the medics in only two or three shots each, but he was taking four shots to kill some right in his face. The actual aimbots get the solid meat shots every time. Obvious hackers use their pistols to fight because its more consistent in short and medium range so does more damage.

We all initially thought he was hacking because it's impossible to roam around freely without a dispenser and oppress an entire medic team without getting killed by a lag w+m1 medic or using hacks to prevent them from ever getting close. Seems like it's a little possible, but it's still not recommended.

Some of the ways I've tested cheaters is by moving in such a way that should be impossible to get consistent meatshots (e.g. by jumping vertically while strafing to make players aim in two directions). If they keep hitting full damage shots or using the pistol they're probably cheating. Also, its possible to do so by using the thirdperson function to see if they're staring at you through walls or their aim is snapping to random players all of a sudden.

There's no way to spectate in zombies mode, you just have to make a call when you think someone cheats.

4. NightTrotter

NightTrotter Member

Once again I can't tell if this person is hacking or not.
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198366559778

It seems as though he never misses a shot, even when you're just playing peekaboo around the corner. He says that VAC servers don't allow aimbot, but I'm wondering if there's a way that people are getting around it.

5. Rushy

Rushy Administrator
    Staff Member

A lot of paid hacking programs bypass vac, until valve find ways on detecting it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.