[Accepted] JayTee Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by JayTee, Mar 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JayTee

JayTee New Member

Servers: Australia Zombie Survival #1

Average hours spent on our servers in a week (Split by type if applying for multiple server types):
    Around 3-4 hours everyday so far

Country and State:
    Australia

Languages:
    English, I guess some Hirigana (Japanese)

Steam link: Link to your steam profile
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/jarrodtrim/

Rushy Servers Stats link: Link to your Rushy Servers Gameme stats profile (http://stats.rushyservers.com)
    http://stats.rushyservers.com/playerinfo/392730

Understanding: Give a detailed explanation of how you think the gamemode you are applying for is played, how you play specifically, and how you wish to benefit it in the future.

The gamemode starts with a few selected few being medics, tracking down and hunting the engineers, using noises or just merely guessing / roaming the map to find the engineers, upon finding them they can kill them or call out medic so the rest of the medics appear. Calling out medic is a good feature that most medics should utilise, as it allows easier spotting and killing.

Engineers should help each other build up and defend against the horde of medics trying to break in, medics should also team up and work out strategies to breach the engi's barriers and kill them. They should make escape tele's or tele frag ones just outside the dispensers to put them at an advantage or escape to an unknown spot to survive longer.

Medics can use their double jump (which increases in height and so does their speed when it hits 120 seconds remaining) to outclass the engineers and get to their spots easier, or jump over dispensers or whatever they'd like.

As medic:
    I like to play with a flanking style, going around the engineers or from a different position then everyone else. I rush in, when I find an opening, and call on the mic for my other medics to come help. I like utilising the double jump to my advantage and chasing escaping engineers, I don't really worry about dispensers unless they're in the way. Kill all teles tho.

As Engineer:
    I like to find spots that not everyone is in, sometimes when I don't know the map I'll join the horde where everyone is, but I always like to have a quiet spot or a hidden spot that I can hide in. I also like having (if in a group) and escape tele on the other side of the map so I can trick the medics if they come in.

I wish to benefit by reducing mic spammers, removing afks (if the server is full and needing slots), kicking trollers and people abusing the voteban/mute system. I've been on a lot the past few days, and have got to know many people and befriended them, but sadly I've only seen one staff member (jack5) on the server. And that wasn't for very long. So I feel more moderation may be needed.

I think friendlies are fine, as it won't really disrupt the game as it makes it fun and there's always someone who isn't gonna be friendly, so it won't drag on forever.

Moderator Experience: Describe any past moderator experiences you have

A lot, heres a simplified list.

Owner - Boom Gaming (tf2 server, retired)
    Owner - Boom's Deathrun (Retired)
    Co-Owner - Bready TTT (gmod, retired)
    Also co-owned some other gmod darkrps, and modded/admin'ed a lot of TTT servers back when I was on it everyday.
    Have modded for various trade servers on tf2 too (Such a z-dogs, which was the biggest Australian trade server until it closed) and more.

Additional Information: Any additional information you want to give that may support your application. Such as hobbies, extra curriculum activities, if you are well known to a current moderator from in game whom may support your application

I would say not many moderators know me, but a lot of players do, today I was on from before I finished dinner, disconnected then after, I played all night today and most people know me. Sometimes for my voice (I talk a lot), sometimes for my unusuals, sometimes my friends. But I just think that the server may benefit from more moderation, but if I am not selected, I have no grudges, thankyou :)

#1 JayTee, Mar 19, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  2. Necro_Nightmare

Necro_Nightmare New Member

I do believe that JayTee would make a great moderator on the Australia Zombie Survival Sever as from my experience with Jay has shown that not only is he frequently keeping in touch with the severs community but he is also very committed to this community in general. Jay clearly shows that he only wants to help shape the sever, and keep it up and running to help provide the endless zombie killing fun that we all have grown to know and love!

3. Jack5

Jack5 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Your moderator application has been refused because your Understanding is insufficient. We require around four paragraphs going into intricate detail about what you think the gamemode is, how you think the gamemode should be played, how you play the gamemode and what you wish to help with.

4. JayTee

JayTee New Member

I'll update it, you should put that in the template, thanks

5. JayTee

JayTee New Member

Updated, thanks :)

Jack5 likes this.
  6. Jack5

Jack5 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

First stage of review passed. It is up to Rushy whether your application is accepted.

JayTee likes this.
  7. MelonHead

MelonHead New Member

Very funny guy and communicates a lot, but also helps people a lot! Votemutes a lot of micspammers which are annoying, so yeah I think he deserves it

8. Meme police

Meme police New Member

I have the slight feeling, just slightly that you are just anther account made by JayTee. I aint saying he his but I just have a "feeing".

9. JayTee

JayTee New Member

Nah, just a friend http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198809548459/ who i've played on the server for a while with.

If you come on mr meme police you can come play with us :)

10. DoMessWithProfile

DoMessWithProfile Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

This person has been demoted for inactivity (or has just left).

#10 DoMessWithProfile, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.