[Accepted] Cutie Bum's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by Cutie Bum, Dec 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cutie Bum

Cutie Bum Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Servers: Killing Floor 2 - [Rushy Servers] Default + Custom Maps AU [Ranked. 30 Players. E

Average hours spent on our servers per week: Varies from 4 hours to 20 hours a week.

Country and State: Australia, Queensland

Languages: English

Steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198027695383/

Understanding: This is a co-op game so cooperation is good to have. I have over 3500 hours in the game. Each perks have expertise in their skill sets. In a team, each perk is assigned to handle their area of expertise (location and zed type). Depending on which perk is on the team, strategy can be change accordingly. I don’t consider myself to have the ‘a man for himself’ mentality. My mentality with these sorts of games is to be considerate of your teammates and have a 360 degree awareness of your surroundings.

My strategy is generally quick, neat and clean kills to conserve ammo, and don’t spam ammos when it’s unnecessary. E.g. A sharpshooter using M99 on clots.

I prioritise my dosh spending. For example, as a berzerk I do not need a bigger weapons until wave 5/10, so I can spare dosh to medic so they can get a med AR to heal.

I pick up guns that has been dropped by dead players (to prevent it from despawning) and sometimes take them to the trader to make it easier.

For more details on my knowledge about the game, check out my steam review of the game.

https://store.steampowered.com/recommended/recommendgame/232090

In summary, I think how the game is played is by working together as a team, and I’m flexible if a player wants to play as a solo perk and do their own thing as long it doesn’t affect the team problematically (e.g. attracting a horde of zeds from behind us and get us killed).

Killing Floor 2 and mods:I have played on Project One (PJ1) mod, Server Extension (RPG) mod, Controlled Difficulty mod and Inferno Nightmare mod.

I have a good knowledge of the mathematics of the game such as the calculations of the game’s weapons (damage, cost, weight), zed health, and console commands.

My reason for being a moderator on this server is because there has been times during game where a player is trolling and causing mischief giving us an unpleasant experience. Minimising issues like these would be beneficial to the server. We just want to play fairly and all have fun and win as a team. Also I play on Rushy Server and enjoy playing on it. Plus some players think I'm admin on the server. There aren’t many servers available in Australia that has more than 6 players. I know that these servers can be popular and there aren’t many around.

So it would be beneficial to me to be admin on this server to be around when players are having problematic issues, but I will act within your rules and guidelines.

Moderator Experience: I have admin experience on two servers in Australia and two servers in Singapore. One is rented and one is hosted from a computer. Since I am not the host, I follow rules and guidelines layout by the host of the servers. For example, give warning to players who are grieving or using abusive language before kicking them. Banned players using cheats like aimbots. I am familiar with webadmin and know how to use console commands.

Additional Information:

I wasn’t an official moderator on an AU/NZ 7 Days to Die server. But I am an experienced player (over 1500 hours) assisting the admin with engaging with players (new or current) with issues like glitches in the game, investigating base raiding/grieving, and teaching them how to play.

When I’m gaming I sometimes give tips and tricks to newbies. I mostly play on Hell On Earth difficulty, but I do run into newbies on servers. I regularly play on Australian, South Korean and Singaporean servers.

I use Killing Floor 2 SDK to build game maps and make weapons skins so I have a good understanding of the game maps and how the AI works - pathnodes, wallblocking, zed spawning rates, etc. Not really skilful in using UDK.

I’m a member on Tripwire Interactive community - discord, facebook group (private) & forum. And a few KF2 steam groups.

If you need to contact the hosts of these servers, feel free to ask and I can give you their steam ID. 1 host of a rented server and 2 that is hosted from their computers (1 of them speaks very little English as their main language is Korean).

#1 Cutie Bum, Dec 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  2. Akara Anime

Akara Anime Member

I accept the quality of this application, i'm a Killing Floor 2 player has well and your detail of how the game is played is perfect. It is up to Rushy to decide if you become Moderator or not, i don't even know if you can get Moderator on Killing Floor 2, gonna have to confirm that with Rushy and get back to you.

3. Cutie Bum

Cutie Bum Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Cheers for the quick respond. No hurry. Everyone's busy with xmas holidays :).

4. DoMessWithProfile

DoMessWithProfile Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I approve of this application for highly detailed understanding, and clear to read. We also have no active KF2 moderator, so yay.

5. Cutie Bum

Cutie Bum Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yay! Thank you :)

6. DoMessWithProfile

DoMessWithProfile Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Hey you've been accepted, congratulations c:

Cutie Bum likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.